If that’s the case for your patients, survey them to see what availability would be most helpful. Would extended weekday hours work best, or time on weekends? Is virtual an option? These types of questions are best to ask your patients directly, so you give them exactly what they need.
Here are some types of questions you can ask to help you improve patient satisfaction:
- Care questions: Quality care tops the list of what patients want most from their healthcare professionals, so it’s important to ensure everyone one of your doctors, nurses, and technicians provides the best. Don’t be afraid to ask specific questions about each visit. You’ll also get the best answers when you ask patients for feedback immediately following the appointment.
- Questions about your office personnel: Your administration team is the frontline of your practice, and you need to ensure every patient feels respected and taken care of from the moment when they send a message, call your front desk, or step into your office.
- Process and operations questions: Even when your team is great, if patients have to jump through hoops to book appointments or connect with your staff, that can also cause problems. See how you can improve operations with input from your patients.
Part of growing your practice means encouraging the patients you have to schedule their recommended appointments — and then keeping them. Building patient relationships is a long game, but it’s one that’s sure to pay off.
Streamline your administrative operations
The third key aspect of practice growth is reducing administrative expenses. High expenses can put a damper on your revenue. No matter how many hours you bill, your practice can’t grow if you spend too much keeping it running.
1. Automate tasks to use staff more effectively
Administrative tasks run the gamut from extremely repetitive (like forms and scheduling) to much more involved (like dealing with insurance companies). When you automate those more repetitive tasks, it saves your administrative team time and can help lower your costs.
Start by automating these administrative tasks:
- Appointment scheduling: It bears repeating: online appointment scheduling is a big draw for your patients. They can do it at any time of the day and don’t have to pick up the phone. However, it’s also beneficial for your office staff. Your team can easily get bogged down when handling appointment scheduling, rescheduling, and cancellations. Moving that online can free up a big chunk of their time.
- Patient intake forms: Paper forms leave a lot to be desired. You have to wait until patients get to the office before they can fill out the information — and then your staff has to enter that information into the computer. It takes up time, leaves room for human error (is that a “G” or a “6”?), and eats away at your profits. Instead, send forms securely online and ask patients to fill them out ahead of time. Your staff won’t have to spend their valuable time entering information into your system, and you’ll have fewer errors.
- Online payments: Mailing a check or sharing payment information over the phone is slow, inefficient, and creates extra work for both your patients and your staff. Add QR codes that link to your payment portal to print statements, and text or email secure links to your online payment portal along with your electronic statements and payment reminders. Enabling secure online payments will get you paid faster and in a way that patients are used to as consumers — and that will save your staff time on manual processing.
2. Adopt a healthcare marketing platform
The above methods will help you to grow your healthcare practice, and we’ve only scratched the surface. While there are endless ways to bring in new patients and increase current patient satisfaction, they admittedly can take up a lot of administrative time. You wind up spending your time improving your practice instead of working directly with patients.
A healthcare marketing platform like PatientPop, a Tebra brand, goes a long way in streamlining your practice growth. A platform automates many aspects of your practice and can even provide external resources for more complex marketing tactics. It will get you results without adding to your administrative headcount.
Topline growth may be exciting and flashy, but success is based on how you run your practice. Streamlining front office administration and automating your marketing efforts will help improve your margins so your team can spend their time on more important tasks — like working with your patients.
Opt for a practice growth platform that does it all
With so many different avenues for practice growth, figure out what works best for you, your team, and your patients. Experiment to find the right mix to help you get new patients, keep your current ones, and streamline your operations.
There is one way to do all 3 effectively without overwhelming your staff: enlist the help of a practice growth platform.
What is a practice growth platform? It’s a set of comprehensive tools to help your practice succeed. While disparate tools are abundant in the healthcare market, a comprehensive platform that works seamlessly across tools, like Tebra, makes rollout, adoption, and management simpler for your team.
Tebra helps you focus on patient care while we focus on marketing your practice. Make it the foundation of your growth strategy in 2023.
Schedule a free Tebra demo today.