AI-powered chatbots, like ChatGPT, have become popular tools for providing quick and accessible health advice. But is the information they provide reliable? We surveyed 1,000 Americans and an additional 500 healthcare professionals about their thoughts on using AI tools in healthcare.
Here are some of our key takeaways:
- Over 1 in 10 healthcare professionals use AI technologies, and almost 50% have expressed an intent to adopt these technologies in the future.
- Among healthcare professionals, ChatGPT received the highest score for addressing patients’ questions the best.
- Of healthcare professionals who experienced a perspective shift after reviewing AI’s medical advice, 95% shifted toward a more positive perspective.
- 8 in 10 Americans believe that artificial intelligence has the potential to improve the quality of healthcare, reduce costs, and increase accessibility.
- 1 in 4 Americans are more likely to talk to an AI chatbot instead of attending therapy.
- One-quarter of Americans would not visit a healthcare provider who refuses to embrace AI technology.
But how exactly do people use AI, and what are the perceived benefits? Which AI tools give the best health advice, according to experts?